· Metatrophic dysplasia- Narrow thorax, kyphoscoliosis, relatively long trunk ± tail-like appendage over the sacrum.
· Weissenbacher-Zweymuller phenotype syndrome- Micrognathia, rhizomelic type shortening of the limbs, widening of metaphyses, particularly femora and humeri.
· Kniest's dysplasia- Kyphoscoliosis, short trunk and broad thorax.
· Fibrochondrogenesis- Autosomal recessive (rare), lethal short limbed dwarfism; under- mineralized skull, soft tissue edema, platyspondyly, broad metaphyses. Associated anomalies: omphalocele, cleft palate, small abnormal shaped ears.
· Short –rib polydactyly syndrome type III- Short limbs, narrow thorax, polvdactyly, CVS and genital anomalies, wide metaphyses with marginal spurs.
· Dyssegmental dysplasia-Autosomal recessive, rare; micrognathia, cleft palate, narrow chest, broad metaphyses, short tubular bones, encephalocele. hydrocephalus, ear abnormalities and CHD.
Back to Fetal Musculoskeletal System